I have just read one of the popular posts of Bob Bessette titled “Cubicle Bliss: 10 Steps to create an inspiring workspace” at his website at http://totallyuniquelife.com or you may also reach it by visiting www.bobbessette.com. I like the intelligent way he presented his steps.
He listed down these 10 steps to create an inspiring workspace:
1. Keep it clean!
2. Get a comfortable chair and keyboard.
3. Surround yourself with words to live by.
4. Quotes, quotes, and more quotes.
5. Display your weekly tasks prominently.
6. Display your yearly goals prominently.
7. Buy some cool stuff for the cubicle.
8. A pic says a thousand words.
9. Collect artifacts and display them.
10. Soothing Sounds.
I agree with his steps but step number 2 depends upon the availability of funds in the office where you are connected. For the pictures, place them in a folder in your laptop, or in a photo album or in a scrapbook. For ease of performance, keep decorative objects and personal mementos in a spot where they won’t get in your way or distract you.
It is important that you make your workplace an inspiring and livable one because you spend more of your waking hours at the office than at home. Another step that I could add is color coding in the office, including files. It is a remarkable innovation because it makes the work area bright and a cheerful place to work in.
I know you also have your own list of steps and I will be very glad if you could share it with everyone by leaving your comments below this article.